THE RIDE TO FIGHT MS | SUNDAY 11 JUNE | 130KM | 100KM | 50KM | 25KM | 10KM.
Use the tabs below to find all of your need-to-know information for your ride!
Please see below the event program for the MS Brissie to the Bay on Sunday 11 June.
Please note that this is subject to change, and you will recieve offical communications around starting times and program closer to the event.
05:30 am START Line opens
06:15 am START 130km ride
07:00 am START 100km ride
08:00 am START 50km ride
08:45 am START 25km ride
09:00 am Entertainment starts at Musgrave Park
09:00 am START 10km ride
11:15 am Random prize draws – 10km and 25km entries
12:15 pm Random prize draw – 50km entries
01:00 pm Current Highest Fundraisers Announced
02:00 pm Random prize draw – 100 & 130km entries
02:30 pm Event Close
ON THE DAY
Be prepared and get the most out of your ride for MS!
- We highly recommend you start with one full reusable drink bottle or hydration pack. There will be water stations along the course.
- Ensure you attached your rider number on the front of your bike and your sticker on your helmet. You will not be permitted to ride without your rider number attached. If you misplace and leave your race bib at home, head to the start line tent and collect a new number.
- Wear sunscreen even if it's cloudy.
- Remember to bring your helmet, pump. spare tube and small toolkit.
- It is best to arrive at the start line 15 minutes before your start time.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the ride.
- Check your tyres and brakes before starting.
- Remember the road rules and have a great day.
Our bike mechanics will be able to help you with any last minute adjustments or supplies at the start and out on course. It is still highly recommended you visit your local bike store prior to training, to ensure you are all set up properly.
- If you haven't been physically active for a while, it is advisable to consult your doctor before commencing any training program.
- If you haven't ridden your bike for a while, ensure you book it in for a service before you start training. Like your car, your bike runs much better and more enjoyable to ride if it is properly maintained.
- As rider insurance is not covered with your registration fee, we highly recommend investing in insurance for the day of the event, or for every day rides. You can find out more information around the options avaliabe to you in the 'Rider Insurance' tab above.
- We highly recommend you start the event with at least one full reusable drink bottle or a hydration style backpack of water.
- Ensure you have collected your rider pack and rider number prior to the event. If you register on or before Sunday 30 April, you can opt for your rider pack to either be collected or mailed out to you. If you register after 30 April, you will need to pick up your rider pack at one of our collection days before the ride. More information will be sent to you regarding this.
- Ensure you attach your rider number on the front of your bike and your helmet sticker on the front of your helmet. You will not be permitted to ride without your rider number attached.
- Check your allocated start time on the event program. Please ensure that you are lining up for the correct distance start time, if you start any earlier than your distances allocated time, the course won’t be ready for you.
- Remember to bring your helmet, pump, spare tube, small tool kit and water bottle.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions.
Please take note of the start line for this years MS Brissie to the Bay event is back to it's original start line at Russell Street.
Plan ahead and make sure that you arrive no more than 15 mins prior to your allocated start wave.
You can access the start line assembly area from Edmonstone Street.
If you forget or misplace your rider bib, head to the Start Line tent and they will be able to assist you with a replacement for your bib. It is best to place your bib somewhere you won't forget or lose when you receive or collect it from a collection point prior to the event.
Our finish line is still situated at Musgrave Park, and is filled with entertainment, food vendors, merchandise and prizes.
Visit the merchandise tent to collect or purchase event merchandise for 2023. To ensure that you don't miss out make sure you purchase your merchandise during registration, you can opt to either collect or have it arrive with your Rider Pack.
Fundraising Incentives Tent
Come collect your prizes for hitting the fundraising goals at the Fundraising Tent. For more information regarding what the incentives are visit Fundraising Incentives.
A luggage storage service will be available at Musgrave Park for a small $3 donation. Please have close to exact change as possible.
Food and Drink Vendors
This year the finish venue will see multiple food vendors, a sausage sizzle as well as the return of the Handle Bar! More information regarding food vendors will be available soon.
Arrive at the finish line and be greeted by our Cheer Club, who is built up by people within our community that are helping support by fundraising for the event. Come say hi and meet some of our key community members.
If you need any mechanical support before or after your ride, head over to our mechanics and they will be able to assist with any last minutes supplies and adjustments.
This year's recovery area will see some refreshment stations as well as a massage tent.
Parking is available in the South Brisbane area (and surrounding suburbs), but parking restrictions and metered parking may apply. There is no parking on Russell, Manning and Edmondstone Streets, as these will be closed for the event. Any vehicles on these streets still at 5am on the day of the event will be towed.
Secure Parking has two nearby parking locations, the SW1 carpark and 10 Browning Street Car Park. These can be pre-booked at a discounted rate. Check back to this page for any special offers from Secure Parking closer to the event date.
There are two additional parking options: the Brisbane Convention Centre car park which is open 24 hours a day, and the South Bank car park (access through Tribune Street only), which opens at 4am. Please refer to the South Bank website for more information.
Please check www.translink.com.au to plan your journey before the day.
BEWARE of any track closures that may be scheduled on June 11, we suggest checking the Queensland Rail website before event day for any scheduled closures.
Road closures will be in place in and around the Musgrave Park area on Sunday 11 June, 2023. Watch this space of the list of road closures closer to event day.
Road Closure List 2023
We highly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the course before event day. All courses can be viewed with indication of where the hydration stations are located.
We highly recommend you start the event with at least one full reusable drink bottle or a hydration style backpack of water.
There are refreshment stations available on the following courses:
- 25km – one refreshment station
- 50km – two refreshment stations
- 100km – three refreshment stations
- 130km – four refreshment stations
ON COURSE MECHANICAL SUPPORT
We will provide mechanical support during the event, with a repair service set up at Musgrave Park and at the Wynnum Refreshment station. Further to this, bike mechanics will be roving each course, providing assistance as required throughout the day.
If you break down move off the road and set your bike upside down and wait for a repair van which will be doing laps of the course who will either repair your bike at the location you broke down, or transport you and your bike back to Musgrave Park if it is unrepairable.
If you are close to a volunteer course marshal please walk over to them and ask for help, they can call mechanical assistance to get them to you faster.
Please note: there will be more than 5,000 riders on the course at any one time, this can cause delays in our bike mechanics getting to you, if you have the ability to do minor repairs on your bike please bring your own repair kit to do so.
If you are a bike mechanic, please contact the MS Queensland office about how you can get involved with the ride, either as a rider on course or as a bike mechanic. Please call Katrize on 07 3840 0807 or email email@example.com
A medical team will be on site to assist you if anything should happen throughout the event. This service will be available at Musgrave Park and also roving around the course. The medical team will dispatch staff to your location on course if you are injured. Course marshals, volunteers, traffic controllers and police will all be able to contact the medical team to get them to your location. If you see another rider needing medical attention please notify the closest event official of the incident.
In the case of an emergency, please call 000.
MS Brissie to the Bay takes rider safety very seriously and want you have the best ride you can. Your registration fee does not include cycling insurance.
Prior to the event day, we recommend you find suitable insurance to keep you safe both during the event and every day riding. Below is a list of some potential options for your cover.
Note: MS Queensland is not affiliated with any of these organisations and we do not endorse or guarantee the quality of the products or services. It is up to the individual to make their own informed decision when selecting insurance coverage.