Netflix Watch Party
At the moment, we can’t go to the cinemas for a night out with friends, so why not host a Netflix Party instead? Have your friends donate the amount of a regular movie ticket and watch a movie together from the comfort of your own living rooms.
Here’s a step by step guide on creating and hosting your very own Netflix Party!
Inviting your friends:
- Pick the date and time for your Netflix Party
- Set your donation amount- for a movie night, we would suggest a donation of $20 (or more!) to get involved.
- Invite all your closest friends and family – (set yourself a target of people to invite, 10 friends will get you at least $200 on your Fundraise for MS Queensland page!)
- Ask them to make their donation before the movie night- just like they would ‘book’ their movie ticket.
On the night:
- Everyone will need to have logged into their Netflix account on their Google Chrome browser and download the Netflix Party Google Chrome extension. Here's how:
- Visit comin your Google Chrome browser.
- Click Get Netflix Party for free.
- You'll be redirected to the Google Chrome web store page to download the extension. Click Add to Chrome.
- A pop-up box will open. Select Add Extension. You'll now see a grey NPicon in your browser toolbar.
Now that you've got the extension downloaded, you can begin watching shows and movies with your friends and family. Here's how to get started:
- Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and log in to Netflix.
- Find a show or movie you'd like to watch and click on it.
- You'll now see that the NP(Netflix Party) icon has changed from gray to red. Click the icon and select Start the party. You'll become the host, so you can either select the option for you to be the only controller pausing and playing the show, or you can let anyone take control.
- Copy the URL from the pop-up box and send it to everyone you want to invite to the group.
- The chatroom will appear on the right side of the screen. From there, you'll be able to see when someone joins the party.
- Now you can laugh, cry and howl with your family and friends, and feel a little less on your own.