Say it loud… it’s karaoke time!
Who doesn’t love the opportunity to showcase their hidden singing abilities? Or live out their performance dreams… if only for five minutes.
Virtual karaoke is a great way to connect with your family and friends. Host a virtual fundraiser with a karaoke night. This a really fun way to boost your MS Brissie to the Bay fundraising.
Here’s your step by step guide to setting up your virtual karaoke night… get your microphones ready!
P.S. bonus points for creative Zoom backgrounds and costumes!
Inviting your friends:
- Set a donation amount for your family and friends to take part.
- Pick a date and time for the Karaoke night!
- Set up the technical aspects of the karaoke night- you will need two programs: Zoom & Watch2gether
- You will need to set up a Zoom meeting & a Watch2gether room
- Email all your participants the meeting invite and the room ID
On the night:
- Join the Zoom meeting (so you can interact with one another) & the Watch2gether Room (so you can watch karaoke videos at the same time)
- To request songs, use the chat function in your Zoom call- include your song request and your name
- As the requests come through, the organiser (you) will add them to the queue. If you’re more than a one trick pony, wait until after your first song to add another- give everyone a chance to share the mike!
- Unless you are the singer, make sure your microphone is muted.
- As each song comes up, the organiser (you) will intro your performance and then the stage is yours!
Top tips from the professionals:
- Duets and group numbers are welcomed: just make sure that everyone has muted their Watch2gether window expect for the organiser (the timing may not be perfect, depending on internet connections/ speed)
- Make sure the host is the only one adding the songs to the Watch2gether room, to make sure the order runs smoothly (this can be changed in the settings)