Drop and give me twenty (dollars)!
Everyone is looking for ways to stay fit and healthy while in isolation (and let’s be honest, we’re just looking for something to do) …
Do you have a family member or friend who’s a PT or fitness coach? Would they consider donating some time to host a Virtual Boot Camp?
Get your active wear ready and follow our guide for Virtual Boot Camp success…
Organising your boot camp:
- Find a local PT who can run the session
- Set a date and time for the boot camp
- Invite all your friends and family to take part- make sure to let them know it’s a fundraiser and entry is $20 (feel free to adjust this entry donation as you wish)
- Set yourself a target of people to invite, 10 friends will get you at least $200 on your Fundraise for MS Queensland page!
- Ask them to make their donation to your page before the session- you’ve got to book in for a PT session!
It’s time to move:
- Once you have picked your date and time for the virtual boot camp, set up a Zoom meeting (Zoom is free video meeting software and has been an absolute saviour for virtual hang outs)- Feel free to use another video software if one suits your team better!
- Send around the meeting invite to all your participants, if they do not have Zoom, they can download it for free here.
- When the time comes to host your Boot Camp, just click the meeting link in your Zoom invitation and the Zoom application will automatically open on your computer, laptop or phone and your Zoom meeting will begin (Don’t forget to send the link to your PT also- they are really important for the next part)
- Once everyone has joined the call start you Boot Camp!
*NOTE if you are using the free version of Zoom, your Zoom meeting will automatically stop after 40 minutes. Make sure your workout can fit within this time frame, keep it short and sharp!