It’s the Great Virtual Bake Off!
Baking is definitely a current trend for many of your social media friends! Invite them to support your MS Brissie to the Bay fundraising by taking part in a virtual bake-off!
Here’s your step by step guide to host your bake-off. May the best baker win…
Inviting your friends
- Set a donation amount for your family and friends to take part (a decent piece of cake is at least $5- let’s raise the spoon and set the entry at $10?).
- Pick a date and time for the competition judging
- Set yourself a goal for people taking part- if you get 10 friends involved, that’s $100 on your MS Brissie to the Bay page!
- Set your challenge guidelines – do you want your participants to be judged on their best decorated cupcakes? A specific cake flavour? A pie perhaps? Or is it a freestyle bake-off the choice is yours!
- All submissions must be homemade – no store-bought treats
- No late submissions- participants must present their baked goods at the allocated time
- The winner will be based on presentation- dress to impress
- Only the members of your team can help with the decorating process (no fill ins)
- Have fun and be creative! You may discover a hidden talent…
- Once you have picked your date and time for the Great Virtual Bake-Off judging, set up a Zoom meeting (Zoom is free video meeting software and has been an absolute saviour for virtual hang outs)- Feel free to use another video software if one suits your team better!
- Send around the meeting invite to all your participants, if they do not have Zoom, they can download it for free here.
- Each participant can present their masterpiece to the judge (you) and you can pick your winner!
- What do they win? They get to eat their baked masterpiece! Pop the kettle on and enjoy a slice of cake with a cup of coffee. Weekend sorted ?