Persons entering the 2020 MS Brissie to the Bay bike ride must agree to the following:
1) I have committed to raise a minimum of $250 through this event.
2) I understand that cycling on public roads is a potentially hazardous activity.
3) I attest that I am physically fit and that my bike is in a sound mechanical order prior to undertaking the event.
4) During this event, I agree to obey all Queensland Road Rules. As per the road rules I will wear an Australian certified cycling helmet, obey traffic lights, obey the directions of the Police Officers, route marshals and ride with care and consideration of others on the road at all time.
5) Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, ride safety briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
6) In consideration of MS Queensland permitting me to enter and participate in the 2020 MS Brissie to the Bay bike ride on Sunday 14 June 2020, and as a condition of such entry, I release MS Queensland, its servants and agents and their event delivery contractors, from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of MS Queensland, its servants and agents and their event delivery contractors, in relation to the event.
7) A cycling adult of equal or greater fitness must accompany children under the age of 16 at all times.
8) For safety reasons, age restrictions apply for each distance:
Children under 10 years will not be permitted to participate in the 25km ride. (Children 5 years of age and under permitted in tagalongs only).
• Children under 13 years will not be permitted to participate in the 50km ride
• Children under 16 years will not be permitted to participate in the 100km ride
•Riders in the 130km distance must be 18 years or older at the time of the ride
8 a) I certify that during my registration for this event I have provided MS Queensland with my/my child’s correct date of birth and am adhering to the age minimums for each distance that have been stated above.
9) BMX bicycles or bicycles with 22” wheels will not be permitted on the 25km, 50km, 100km and 130km course for safety reasons. (Please note this does not apply to recumbents, hand cycles or adult folding bicycles). Electric bikes are permitted on the event, as long as they comply with the current Queensland legislation.
10) I have listed my date of birth, emergency contact details, and medical or physical conditions from which I may suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
11) I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions.
12) I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable on or after the event.
13) I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
14) I agree that the event will impose course cut off times to ensure road closure conditions are met. Riders who do not make cut off times, may be directed into support vehicles or removed from the event. Once removed from the event, I may continue to cycle but are no longer part of the event. I do so without the support of emergency services, traffic controllers, volunteers or support crew.
15) My registration is not transferable to other people and is non-refundable. I agree that if the event is cancelled or the event format and/or course is altered due to inclement weather or other “Acts of God”, or conditions and safety concerns outside the control of the event organiser, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
16) I certify I/my child will receive an event briefing at the start line that I/they will abide by.
17) I/my child hereby gives MS Queensland and those acting with MS Queensland permission the irrevocable right to take my/my child’s image and use/or copyright the images of me/my child, in all forms and media and in all manners including alterations and composite representations, to promote the event without restriction and compensation to the participant.
18 a) I certify that I am 18 years or older and I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
18 b) I certify that I am 18 years or older and the parent or legal guardian of the participant. I have read this document and fully understand it. I agree to the above on behalf of my child and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.