1. Make the First Donation
By donating to your fundraising page or your team's page, you show your personal commitment to fighting MS. Sponsoring yourself is also a great way to start your fundraising momentum and set the standard for other donations.
2. Send an Email
Spreading the word in four simple steps:
- Copy one of our email templates, or create your own and share your personal MS story
- Send to everyone you know - don't assume that someone won't give; you never know who has been touched by MS
- Don't forget to include a link to your fundraising page
- Send follow-up emails to provide people with an update of your fundraising efforts and to remind those who haven't donated yet
3. Share on Social Media
Share a link to your fundraising page and ask for donations on platforms such as:
- Facebook (we have some Facebook resources available for you to download here)
- A personal blog
4. Personalise Your Page
Those who personalise their page raise more than those who don’t! Here are some ways you can get started today:
- Set your fundraising goal and increase it when you get close - keep your supporters motivated!
- Upload a photo (or two)
- Use the blog function to keep your supporters updated on your training progress
5. Ask Everyone
Whether you’re taking to the streets or simply sharing a link on Facebook, get the word out about your fantastic efforts in helping people with MS and how others can help too.
Make sure to ask:
- Employers (and don't forget to ask about dollar-matching!)
- Members of any of your clubs and organisations
- Local businesses that you visit regularly – eg: butcher, bakery, newsagent, hairdresser