MS Queensland is working with all relevant authorities to ensure we are able to deliver the safest event possible for everyone involved.
The event will operate under a COVID Safe Event Plan, which will be approved by Queensland Health.
We have introduced a range of COVID Safe measures for event day that include:
- Increasing the event site size at Musgrave Park to facilitate social distancing
- Moved our start line to a separate location to allow more room to facilitate social distancing
- Introduced staggered start times to reduce the number of people in our start area at any one time
- Introduced hand sanitising stations throughout the courses
- Contracted event cleaners to ensure all high touch point areas are cleaned frequently
- Added extra toilets to reduce queuing times
How can I help keep the event COVID Safe?
In order for us to help keep the event COVID Safe, we will need the help of all participants as much as possible. Below is a list of ways that you can help us to ensure that the event remains COVID Safe:
- Stay home…
…if you are feeling unwell, or if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, loss of smell and/or taste.
…if you or any member of your household is currently being tested for COVID-19 and is yet to receive results
…if you or any member of your household has been in contact with a person isolated by a medical practitioner or who has a confirmed case of COVID-1 in the 14 days before the event
- Ensure that you are following all relevant Government and health authority regulations around self-isolation if you have travelled in the lead up to the event.
- Follow physical distancing requirements of 1.5m for the duration of the event
- Bring your own personal hand sanitiser or use the hand sanitiser on site frequently
- Bring your own water bottle to use during the ride – cups WILL NOT be provided
- Don’t greet team mates with hugs
- Register anyone who isn’t participating in the ride but who wants to come to the event.
- Wear a face mask
- Follow the directions of MS Queensland staff and volunteers
- Check into the site using the QR Code provided on signs throughout the venue
- Download the COVID Safe App to your mobile phone prior to attending the event