You and your bike will need to be in top shape if you're going to last the distance. Be prepared and get the most out of your ride for MS! Our bike mechanics will be able to help with any last minute adjustments or supplies at the start and out on the course.
- Ensure you have collected your rider pack and bib number prior to the event.
- If you haven’t ridden your bike for a while, ensure you book it in for a service before you start. Like your car, your bike runs much better and is more enjoyable to ride if it is properly maintained.
- If you haven’t been physically active for a while, it is advisable to consult your doctor before commencing any training program.
- Check your allocated start time on the ride program.
- If you're part of a team, arrive early for your team photo so you can depart on time.
- It's important to do a light warm up before the ride and stretch after it. This is crucial to being able to get back on your bike the following day.
- Wear sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy.
- Remember to bring your helmet, pump, spare tube, small tool kit and water bottle.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after the ride.
- Ensure you stick your ride bib on your chest. You will not be permitted to ride without your bib.
- Check your tyres and brakes before starting.
- Remember the road rules and have a great day.
For an example of a 12 Week Training Schedule click here.
For a list of stretches to include in your regular training click here.